At Coastal Dermatology and Medspa, our priority is to deliver quality dermatology care to informed patients in a comfortable and convenient setting.
Is your skin dull and congested with blackheads and enlarged pores? Do you suffer from dry, flaky or peeling skin despite using moisturizer and hydrating serums? Are you beginning to notice signs of aging like fine lines and dark spots on your face?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, a HydraFacial might be just the treatment you need to restore the youthful, glowing skin that only seems possible with camera filters and photo editing.
At Coastal Dermatology & Medspa, we offer customized HydraFacial treatments. Our goal is to educate our patients and help them maintain or restore healthy, radiant skin that gives them the confidence they deserve.
What Does a HydraFacial® Do?
The HydraFacial improves skin hydration, tone and texture to rejuvenate your complexion. It takes dull, blemished, congested skin and provides a brighter, more youthful appearance. In addition, with regular HydraFacial treatments, your skin will continue to be more moisturized and nourished, making it better able to produce collagen for improved skin elasticity and firmness.
A HydraFacial® Can Improve the Following Skin Concerns
- Enlarged pores
- Clogged pores
- Acne scars
- Oily skin
- Dry, dehydrated skin
- Dark spots
- Rough areas
- Fine lines
What’s the HydraFacial® Three-Step Process?
In just three steps using HydraFacial’s patented Vortex-Fusion technology and specialized skincare serums, you can be on your way to the best skin of your life.
- Step 1: Deep Cleanse and Exfoliate: The skin is first cleansed to remove any dirt, makeup, oil and other surface contaminants. Exfoliation is achieved with the HydraFacial’s patented Vortex-Fusion technology and the spiral HydroPeel Tips. They circulate air rapidly in a funnel shape that’s delivered to the skin through the HydraFacial handpiece, which gently removes the outer layer of dead and damaged skin cells.
- Step 2: Extract and Hydrate: Next, the Vortex-Fusion technology combined with vacuum technology gently dislodges and removes blackheads and other impurities from the skin without causing any pain. Once all impurities have been extracted, the skin is hydrated with intense moisturizers
- Step 3: Infuse and Protect: Finally, the Vortex-Fusion technology is used to deliver patented “super serums” to the skin to nourish and protect it. These serums contain peptides and antioxidants, and various serum types and boosters are available so your HydraFacial can be customized to address your skin needs.
HydraFacial serums offer solutions for:
- Eyelid skin replenishing
- Lip plumping, exfoliating and hydratin
- Skin firming and restoring
- Skin smoothing and refining
Is Downtime Needed After a HydraFacial®?
No downtime is needed after a HydraFacial, but there are certain activities and products to avoid for a couple of days. You may develop some redness and irritation that lasts for a few hours, so many patients opt to have their HydraFacial performed in the evening before going home.
While you can resume your daily routine after your treatment, we recommend avoiding strenuous activities and applying makeup for at least 24 hours. Don’t use retinol products, wax or other hair removal products on the treated areas for at least 48 hours to avoid irritating your skin.
What Results Can I Expect From a HydraFacial®?
After a HydraFacial, lackluster skin immediately becomes bright and glowing. Congested and acne-prone skin becomes clear and smooth. Signs of aging are reduced for a more youthful appearance.
With repeat treatments, you can continue to see further improvements in your skin tone and texture over time.
How Long Do the Results of a HydraFacial® Last?
HydraFacial results typically last anywhere from two to four weeks. The duration of your results will depend on your genetics, age, skin condition and lifestyle factors.
You can help your results last longer by avoiding direct sun exposure, using sunscreen daily, and cleansing and moisturizing your face each morning and night. Using at-home serums after cleansing can also further nourish and protect your skin for longer-lasting results after a HydraFacial.
Frequently Asked Questions About the HydraFacial®
How Much Does a HydraFacial® Cost?
Because the HydraFacial is a customized treatment, the cost will depend on various factors, including your skin concerns and the serums and enhancements you would like included with your treatment.
After your personalized consultation, we can provide you with the exact cost of your HydraFacial.
At Coastal Dermatology & Medspa, we offer CareCredit for patients who would like to finance their treatment with no pre-payment penalties and no up-front costs.
How Long Does the HydraFacial® Procedure Take?
The HydraFacial treatment process takes just 30 minutes, so you can be in and out of our office quickly and enjoy your refreshed skin right away.
Is the HydraFacial® Beneficial for All Skin Types and Complexions?
Yes, this treatment can be used for all skin types and tones. Whether you have fair skin, dark skin or a skin tone in between, a HydraFacial can benefit you. This versatile treatment can also be tailored to your skin type (dry, oily, combination) and concerns (wrinkles, brown spots, visible pores, rough texture, acne, etc.).
How Often Should I Get a HydraFacial®?
We recommend getting HydraFacials regularly at one-month intervals. By making HydraFacials a part of your monthly skincare routine, you can achieve optimal results and maintain them long term.
Can the HydraFacial® Only Be Performed on the Face?
In addition to treating the face, there are HydraFacial options for the body, scalp, neck and décolleté/chest.
What Types of HydraFacial® HydroPeel® Tips Are There?
HydraFacial makes various HydroPeel Tips with different skin indications:
- HydroPeel Tip Blue for exfoliation
- HydroPeel Tip Blue Body for treatment of the body
- HydroPeel Tip Clear to infuse and protect the skin
- HydroPeel Tip Teal for extractions
- HydroPeel Tip Purple Aggression
• For enhanced aggressive exfoliation
• Designed for repeat HydraFacial patients wanting further exfoliation
- HydroPeel Tip Orange Aggression for aggressive exfoliation
- Wet Diamond Abrasion Kit
• For enhanced aggressive exfoliation
• Designed for thick, oily and congested skin
• Provides exfoliating results similar to microdermabrasion
Learn More About HydraFacial® Treatments in Jacksonville and Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
HydraFacial treatment provides immediate skin brightening and smoothing results, and we at Coastal Dermatology & Medspa look forward to helping you achieve the skin of your dreams.